Sunday, June 3, 2007

ESPN Race Coverage

I know I've mentioned this before, but I have a few other issues with their coverage of the NASCAR Busch races that it covers.

I would like to present this as Constructive Criticism.

I have a real issue with something Brad Daugherty did while they were covering the last Talladega event. A wreck broke out and the carnage was still developing and slid past the press booth and ESPN coverage showed Daugherty shaking his fist in triumphant glee while the wreck was happening. Meanwhile, I sat riveted in concern hoping no one was going to get hurt while this wreck was in progress.

I think that kind of behavior is not warranted nor should it be exhibited, either by the personality or the production director who chooses what to show the audience.

Additionally, this basketball analyst needs to do a lot more catch up on the sport he's covering so that he sounds believable to me. It just seems he's echoing real basic information so far. I sure would like to see the whole team mechanism improve so we can all enjoy a better show that we all deserve. (At least they're showing more Busch footage in the beginning of the show than they did in the first part of the season when all they showed were Cup event scenes to intro into the Busch race.)

My OTHER issue is that they needed to make more of an effort to show Carl Edwards victory flip. The camera angles were distant, leaving Edwards as a very small part of the picture while today's broadcast on Fox had a great angle and a close up of the feat the Carl pulls off after any of his all victories.

Thanks for reading.
Bruce Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....