Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kyle Busch Notes from Last Weekend and His New Fan, Ron Hornaday

It's been reported that Kyle Busch won't be contending for the championship in either the Nationwide or Craftsman Truck Series on a serious note after last weekend.

My first take was that he's just not winning, so he won't waste his time.  I got that from a statement he made early on in the year and it seemed a wee bit aloof-ish, but he's at least sticking to his guns on that one.  Even if several other drivers who aren't contending for a championship are still going to race the secondary divisions of NASCAR.  At least the fans will have the benefit of enjoying those Cup drivers on the track.

On an interesting note, there's one pretty good reason that Kyle might want to stay away from the Truck Series and his name is Ron Hornaday Jr.

It seems that Hornaday is at wits end with Kyle and has said as much:

Last weekend Kyle had both Hornaday and his truck owner Kevin Harvick ticked off at him as Busch ended up "helping" Hornaday from a 5th to a 23rd place finish in the last lap of the Truck Series race at Michigan.

Hornaday felt that Busch drove into him as retribution for a maneuver he pulled off earlier in the race and 1/2 way into the race Busch indicated his frustration at someone else driving like him by lifting the back of Hornaday's truck up.

As Hornaday stated:

"If he is going to race that way that is pretty chicken -- he doesn't deserve to be a racer. He has a lot of talent, but that is just flat stupid. If Billy Ballew needs a championship that bad for owners, he has the right driver.

"I don't knock any other driver, but I will tell you what, that kid has just about done wore me out. I don't know if I have to give up this championship to teach him a lesson -- I hope I don't hurt him, because if Joe Gibbs lets him do this, I am ashamed for them.

"I tried to talk to him as a friend. He is just out there; I don't know what it is. I guess it is an ego trip and if he is going to wreck me every week, I guess we are going to have to do it back to him."


Is this playing out again just like Kurt Busch and Jimmy Spencer??  Is Kyle stewing for a thumping? 

I think so, but we'll just have to tune in each and every week to As the Truck Spins!!   (I'd happily donate to Hornaday's penalty fund!)


Source:  NASCAR

1 comment:

  1. What? Kyle Busch got himself an enemy out there on the track?

    You're kidding me ...!!!

    Yup, didn't see that comin.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....