Thursday, June 26, 2008

Power Rankings Going Into NH

I don't always agree with power rankings.  They seem to rank a driver according to this moment, after the last race, and I am not all that sure that the last race should propel someone into or out of the top 15 of Power Rankings.  It needs to include many more things than I think they're counting.  When I'm ranking guys for fantasy leagues (When I'm serious about it), my picks tend to all be in the top 10 at the drop of the green flag.  The only thing I can't predict is tire failure and other drivers running out of talent!

With that said, here's how NASCAR.com ranks the drivers:

Kyle Busch  (Can't Argue this one)
Carl Edwards
Dale Earnhardt Jr.  (Staying consistently in place in the standings, but can he really contend for the Cup with the Shrub in it?)
Jeff Burton  (Quietly lurking in wait for someone to falter)
Jeff Gordon  (A big boost from Infineon, Let's see if he can keep the momentum going.)
Matt Kenseth 
Jimmie Johnson  (Dude, not the best of years, but I'm expecting Chad to pull it out soon)
Greg Biffle  (If it weren't for bad luck, this cat would be all over the top half of the chart!)
Kasey Kahne 
Denny Hamlin
Clint Bowyer
Tony Stewart  (Mr "You weren't in the car Marty" (wah!) stays put near the bottom, but everyone is looking for his usual late season pile on!)
Brian Vickers  (May have dropped 2 spots, but he'll recover)
David Gilliland  (I don't think he's top 15 material yet.)
Casey Mears  (Good day, miserable rumors floating over head...  Prove them wrong Casey!!)

Source:  NASCAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....