Saturday, June 7, 2008

NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race in Texas

Last night I tuned in for the last 40, long, slow laps of the truck race in Texas.

The excitement hit in the last few laps as Kyle Busch had gotten up behind Ron Hornaday Jr. and they announcers said the only thing Hornaday didn't need was a yellow flag.  That's because on the green flag restarts Kyle made up spots in his usual, quick, furtive style after taking the green.

Sure enough, as if on cue, Scott Speed became Scott 'in the wall' and a yellow came out.

Now I was wondering what was going to happen.  Would the ace restarter in NASCAR hold off the kid who's gotten pretty good at making up spots on the restart?

Whew!  Ron Hornaday Jr. did what he does best and took the green flag and pulled away to win the Sam's Town 400 at Texas.  Those who followed behind him was Kyle Busch, Johnny Benson, Jack Sprague and Todd Bodine to round out the top 5 and with this win, Hornaday takes over the points lead in the truck series.

Race Results
Standings
Article - http://www.nascar.com

An observation:  When I tuned into the Speed Channel coverage of the race, it had the strangest atmosphere of dull, boring low toned coverage.  Maybe it was just me coming off of playing a video game, but when I turned on the TV, it was so uninteresting sounding.  It was probably just me, because that seemed unusual for their coverage.  The other odd thing I did note was that in the closing 10 laps, you can see Ron Hornaday Jr. putting space between him and the 2nd place truck of Kyle Busch, but the announcers tried confusing me (It's all about me, you know) because they said Kyle was closing the distance, when in fact he wasn't.  Ug... Weird night.


1 comment:

  1. I find that the Speed channel is lower in volume that 98% of my channels on my t.v. as it is. plus the truck announcers never seem to get too excited.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....