Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mark Martin to Drive for Hendrick

by Bruce Simmons: 

Remember the announcement that was made to announce an announcement that Hendrick Motorsports was announcing?  (My head is spinning too and I wrote that!)

Well, yes - Mark Martin is returning to full time driving and one more shot at that elusive championship.  (He came in 2nd 4 timesin 26 years)  All under the roof of Hendrick Motorsports.  Or, the soon to be called, the house of Ex-DEI drivers.  (Tim Z. has to be loving this.)

The championship, that for one reason or another, from dumb to stupid luck, has evaded Mark.  In my mind, he's one of the best drivers out there that HASN'T won the Cup and it would be a wildly emotional event in the history of NASCAR if he were to jump in that No 5 Chevy and crank it out.  I'd be there rooting for him every step of the way.

LA Times


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....