Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wessa Miller's Family Needs Our Help

The other day, July 5th, I posted a little piece on Wessa Miller. 
Her notoriety comes from having given Dale Earnhardt Sr a lucky coin on the day he won the Daytona 500 back in '98.
She was at the track because of the Make A Wish foundation.

Wessa has spina bifida and her dad has had open heart surgery of late.

A website has been set up to explain where you can send donations, by either cash or Paypal.  That website is: penniesforwessa.org

I've sent out a "few" emails to cohorts to help pass the word, but I think what I'd like to do is ASK you the readers to do what you can, by either Digging or Stumbling or "whatevering" David Poole's original article that brought this to light for me, http://www.siriusbackstage.com, passing the word to your friends, and just doing what you can.

I already have.  The paypal button doesn't work right, so I just sent some funds in the mail to the address noted on the website, penniesforwessa.

If anyone has any suggestions for passing the word, please leave a comment for all of us to know about it.
The NASCAR community is an awesome collection of folk.  Let's show it yet again.

Thanks to everyone who has or can help in any way.
-Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....