Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Suddenly, I like One of The Busch Brothers A But Better

Apparently, while trying to out-do other track trophies like hats and six shooters, or guitars, the ever environmentally friendly staff of New Hampshire Motorspeedway have decided to up the trophy category a notch.

Rather than something that can be put in a display case, they decided to award Kurt Busch with a 25-pound lobster.  A live lobster, whose age is estimated to be around 80 years old.

There's a pic over at courant.com, it's a big monster.  It reminds me of the days as a kid when I'd go into the grocery store and pull the claw plugs out of their joints so they could use their claws again, knowing that some poor hapless soul looking to boil dinner was going to have to earn their dinner.

But enough about me.  Rather than send the crustacean to a steamy, slow lingering painful death, Kurt and Eva Busch are shopping around for a good home for the lucky shelled monster.  At the moment, their options are New England Aquarium in Boston or an aquarium at the speedway.  Somehow, I can't see the speedway being a good home to the ex-dinner, being as how they're probably eying the tank in ways to turning up the heat to steam it, but that's just me.

Thanks to Shawn Courchesne of Courant Blog for putting this out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....