Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ginn Contracts Have Been Honored

Bobby Ginn said Tuesday he's surprised by a lawsuit that claims he hasn't honored the contracts for Sterling Marlin, Joe Nemechek and two crew chiefs.

"Sterling and Joe's contracts ran through the end of the year, and I have paid them through August -- all of their winnings and salary, per the contract," Ginn said. "And I intend to pay through the end of the year. I always have."

Ginn said that crew chiefs Richard "Slugger" Labbe and Peter Sospenzo were given severance packages when they were let go, and said he's honored it and payments are up to date.

"This totally surprised me, and it looks to me like they are trying to ask for something over and above and they are just not entitled to," Ginn said.

(I still say it's agent motivated!)

See the whole article at espn.go.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....