Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jimmie Johnson has Concerns on the Bump Draft

With the COT being more readily able to bump draft, Jimmie Johnson has concerns the practice will be employed quite heavily at the upcoming Talladega race.

We've seen how hard they can 'ram' each other at short tracks, and it's been noted how hard it is to "move" the car in front. I've personally seen (on tv) how these cars tend to right themselves pretty quick after getting sideways.. which, from all the statements on how the car pushes from everyone, supported my perspective of this observation.. for me.

"The cars line up better, and you can get away with a lot more pushing and shoving," Johnson said. "The cars have a lot of down force and are comfortable to drive, so I think that will lead to a little bit more aggressive driving."

But then Johnson regresses a bit, saying the front splitter may also hamper this concern.

See the entire article at SCENEDAILY.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....