Saturday, September 8, 2007

Yellow Flag Restarts on ESPN

an observation by Bruce Simmons

OK, I don't know about you, but one of my favorite parts of a race are the restarts after a yellow flag.

The tension and anxiety of watching the front runners restart skills, dealing with lapped cars, and seeing who gets the jump, and spins the wheels. That first lap of each restart is fun for me.

I am incredibly surprised that ESPN consistently comes back from commercial 1/2 way or into, or 1 lap after the restarts. Is this as annoying for you as it is for me? Argghh.. how can every other channel have the ability to cover the restarts and ESPN not? I am befuddled but then again, marketing dollars speak volumes for whomever will listen, like ESPN.

While I'm gripping, I also kind of annoyed that NASCAR is victim to whatever sport is on before it and we have to wait for it to finish.

Like I've said before, this is just like the old days with ABC. Same mentality, different era.

OK, 'nuff said.

UPDATE: Some days it just doesn't pay to write. Ever since I posted this, they've shown the next 2 restarts.. I tell ya...

My gripe still stands for MOST of the restarts then..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....