Monday, September 24, 2007

Hamlin vs Petty - The New Feud

If you were wathcing the Dodge Dealers 400 Sunday, you probably saw Kyle Petty get dumped in an altercation with Denny Hamlin.

I've read where it's stated that Hamlin lifted Petty's rear end off the ground (FoxSports), but I thought these cars fit nose to tail and that can't be done anymore?

What I did see, I missed the back end getting lifted off the ground, but it looked like Hamlin started going high, around Petty, and at the same time, Kyle Petty started going high, for what ever reason, and the rest is history! A racing oops!

But then when Petty comes over to Denny's car in the garage and smacks his visor down on him while he's still in the car motivated our flu beleagured driver and started unsnapping and got out of his car, but the teams kept the 2 volatile fluids apart! As far as that little thing goes, Denny is quoted saying:

"Don't smack me on the helmet, you smack me on the helmet I'm going to punch you in the face — bottom line," Hamlin said. "I'd like for him to call me some time this week before next week...you don't come to my car, you don't come to my pit, you meet me somewhere else and we'll settle it, but I have the utmost respect for Kyle but don't lay your hands on my head.

"I didn't say one word to him (Petty) in the garage. All I just said was, 'Come here and let me talk to you about it.' He chose to slap my helmet. You know, in hindsight, I should have grabbed his throat."

Zoinks, who'd a thunk Denny's got some moxie!?

See the whole article at FoxSports or ThatsRacin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....