Sunday, August 17, 2008

Magnets On The Pedals At JGR

My Question:
There's ingenuity, there's pushing the gray areas then there's trying to directly circumvent the tests conducted by NASCAR officials. So which one do you think is the stupidest option?

This week, it's the latter!

The Snag!
During Dyno tests conducted by NASCAR inspection teams, magnets were discovered on the gas pedals of the No 18 and 20 Toyotas from the Nationwide series. The magnets were placed in such a spot as to keep the gas pedal from being fully depressed, thus limiting the full output of the dyno tests that these little magnetic buggers were probably set up to fool.

The chassis dynamometer test measures rear-wheel horsepower and it's been administered several times this season.

Can ya guess what the outcome is of this discovery?

Well, being that these 2 cars have captured 13 wins in the last 25 Nationwide races, I'm thinking this wrist slap is going to hurt more than most, and rightly so.

As Jim Hunter of NASCAR put it:

"This was an attempt to interfere with NASCAR's post-race inspection process, and we are taking it very seriously"

My Disappointment with JGR
For me, this just takes me by surprise. I didn't think they needed to resort to this kind of deed.

I'm thinking they better double check Kyle's No 18 Cup ride while they're at it.

As it stands, penalties will be announced later next week.

source: http://msn.foxsports.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....