Friday, August 8, 2008

Non-Related Tidbits With Discrimination Lawsuit Against NASCAR

It's a shame that lawsuits can't involve behavioral patterns of the plaintiffs.  Because if they could, behavioral patterns could be distinguished and lawsuits tossed on meritless fodder attempting to generate income from deeds that support lack of work.

On a totally different issue, Mauricia Grant, the ex-official levying the $225 million dollar discrimination lawsuit against NASCAR seems to have a bit of an interesting past, as things come to light.

The Associated Press says she's had a restraining order filed against her by a former boyfriend and was arrested for driving under the influence.  The restraining order is interesting. 

Her ex says
"She has made many threats on my life and job."
"slander my name and have me fired,"
"She has been spotted in front of my home on several occasions."
"contacted all of my family and friends attempting to make threats and slander my name."
"She has also contacted my current girlfriend and I feel she is in jeopardy as well."

Hmm.  NASCAR grabbed onto these past points and says her past actions are a reflection on Grant's character.  We can wait and see what comes of this, because though technically, not relevant in a court of law, could have social ramification with any jury if it gets to that.

The rest of the article goes on about other details and is probably worth the read over at http://www.nascar.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....