Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pocono, After the Dry Tank

by Bruce Simmons:

Wow, did you see what I saw?  A Pocono race that didn't hurt to watch in it's entirety.

We had the main men pissin' and moanin' at the crew chiefs for questionable pit stops in front of red flag sessions,
Racin' to the end of a tank of gas,
Watching Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. roll to the finish line... reminiscent to soap box derby racing.
and watching a lot of cars getting pushed home after the race.
Oh, and Kyle Busch actually not winning a race!!  it was a weird day indeed.

Yea, we had a rain delay... but I had passed out, I mean took a nap and when I woke up, it was clear and they had 64 laps to go... huh?  Oh well, let's get into it.  Heck, at one point I wished for rain stoppages at Pocono just so it can be cut short!!

I thought for a bit that Kasey Kahne staying out for the rain delay was going to be the clincher, but heck, I was asleep so I missed some details.

All in all, some of my peers at work said they liked the race, for once... I can't disagree.  Pocono finally paid off....

Now onto Watkins Glen.  Can't wait to see what that has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....