Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Diecast Twist of History

RCCA Elite, a membership only organization for specially detailed diecasts has done it again.

A few months back, they distributed a COT of the famed black No 3 Chevy of Dale Earnhardt Sr., and I wasn't to impressed that they've gone to those lengths to market something that never existed.

I guess they either made enough off that venture, or are stepping out into the Fringe of sale again by now distributing a celebratory 200th win COT diecast for the King, Richard Petty.

Wow, somehow I missed the COT look in all the archival footage of Richard Petty winning his 200th race.

Personally, this betrays the historical fact of the issue be redistributing a COT of a yesteryear scheme and I won't take any part in it... unless someone buys one for me.

The other angle I have to look at is that the shops, DEI, PE, had to put there stamp of approvals on these items, so they're as much to blame on the profit wagon as anyone.

I'd say don't buy something that didn't exist, but then again I've got over 1,000 diecasts so who the heck am I to spout such "wisdom"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....